Tuesday, April 29, 2008

And now for something lighter...

Culver City is an odd little place. I love it, but it has some definite eccentricities. The smallest Main Street in America is often used in film shoots and even more often, those "after school special" type movies. It can look quite quaint. There are not many homeless people in downtown CC and I recognize both of them-a harmless guy and his girlfriend who panhandle by Bank of America. Which is why, one day a few years back, I was surprised to see an unfamiliar homeless man walking towards me in rags, with smudges on his face, looking quite unkempt. Something was off, though, and I didn't put it together until I rounded the corner and saw the film crew and at the same moment realized what the giveaway was. He smelled really good, like expensive cologne. He was an actor in a movie!

No comments: