Sunday, April 06, 2008

The Line

I'm wondering how long I should do this blog about Lauren & her adventures. As it happens, the most interesting stuff can later become the most embarrassing things to her. And even the sweet, touching moments, I feel myself wanting to keep to myself. When she wakes up all warm and cuddly and says "my momma, my honey" it just makes my heart melt and it's great, but not in a way that other people necessarily want to read about. In the same way that I don't share "Ryan wrote me this really sweet email today..." and then the contents.

I could go on and on about how cute it is that she says "twoc late" instead of "chocolate" and she thinks that she should say "yes" in "Don't Let The Pigeon Drive the Bus" because after all, he did say "pweas". And that "pink makes me happy, I wuv pink". So maybe I will still write some of it, I almost can't not. But you don't get to know about some of the little private sweet stuff that she comes up with, like, okay, here's one one last time. Today we were lying down and she started talking about how she has, according to her, "Daddy's eyes, no, but brown eyes, I have brown eyes, Daddy's hair, Daddy's hair blonde, Daddy's lips, Daddy's nose." I asked her if she looked like anyone else and she thought about it for a minute and said, "Nonna's knees, Papa's feet." And then I asked her if she had anything like Mama, and she said "Ummm...Mama's ears" and then, thinking she might have hurt my feelings, she quickly added, "Pretty ears. Pretty Mama ears."

No comments: