Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Guest Post from Lauren: Ruckus Reader Event at Zimmer Children's Museum

On Sunday, I went to the Zimmer Museum.  I went in a room there was snacks in.  We met a girl named Lauryn (but she has a different way of spelling it!).  Lauryn showed me how to play the Ruckus Reader on an Ipad.  I liked about it, the My Little Pony game.  If I had an Ipad I would like to play it.  I colored with the Crayola color game.  It was cool!


Afterwards, I did a lot of other things.  I went in the play ambulance and the ball pit.  It was fun!  My favorite part about it was the boat that had balls around it, to represent water.



Upstairs there was a stage that was for dress-up.  There were mirrors and at the top of the mirrors there were words that said "today I would be".  I dressed up as a flower princess.




The airplane was cool!  I liked its wings.  I pretended to fly it.  I think it was a real airplane! But I think it was abandoned.

Lauryn's mom gave me a gift bag and some My Little Ponies!  I love getting gift bags, of course!  Thank you, Lauryn's mom!

(I am making a FUNNY face in this picture!)
I want to go back some day!
Love,
Lauren


Note from my mom:
If you go:




   Hours

  • Sunday, 12:30–5:00 p.m.  
  • Monday, closed
  • Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m 
  • Friday, 10:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.   
  • Saturday, closed

    Admission

    $8 Adults
    $5 Children 2-17
    Children under 2, free
    Grandparents free on Tuesdays when accompanied by grandchild

7 comments:

Carolyn said...

So glad Lauren had a good time.

Unknown said...

Lauren - That was very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing Lauren. Very interesting.

Deborah said...

Thanks Lauren. You've made me want to go to the Zimmer. The boat thing sounds pretty great.

Andrea V said...

That looks like so much fun, Lauren!! I wish I could go too! Thanks for sharing your story with us!!

Caryn B. said...

SO much fun! We love the Zimmer!

Pixiecola said...

it looks like you had a most wonderful time! keep it up! i very much enjoyed hearing about your special day!