Sunday, September 07, 2008

Greek fested

We ended up going on Friday night. Ryan went with us. We had a great time. Reeeeeally long lines for the food, I'm talking 40 minutes or more, I waited. But worth it! Delicious spanikopita, olives, feta, mmmmmmmmmmmm... While I was waiting, Ryan took Lauren on a helicopter ride (a carnival one, not LAPD or anything!) and they saw the dancers. Lauren shook her heiney, too and wanted to get on Ryan's shoulders so she could be the tallest girl in the Latin-Byzantine Quarter.

While I was waiting, a guy near me gave up waiting and left, but before he departed he gave me his almost filled up passport. We needed to spend $21 more and then if we turned in the passport at the entrance table, we got a gift bag. Coincidentally, $21 was the exact amount we spent on food. The gift bag was surprisingly, things I'd want. There was some chai hot chocolate, CDs, some makeup (presumably a Greek cosmetics company), shower gel, shampoo & conditioner, a checkbook cover & calculator & pen set, a Greek Fest T-shirt, and some coupons and gift cards to Daphne's. Score!

Anyway, if you're sitting around tonight bored and want to get out and do something different, one last chance to go. And please, can you take Lauren with you? :) She'd like to go again and I'd like a night of free babysitting!

No comments: