Amazon SearchBox

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Boo-boo...and baby dropping

I have been suffering most of the night because I burned my finger frying a quesedilla. :( It was enough to have me thinking I might need an epidural if I can't handle a little boo-boo. I was brave and took the ice pack off after only a few minutes so I could practice dealing with the pain. But I've remembered this about myself-I'm a wuss!

The baby, I was informed at the nurse-midwife visit tonight, has "dropped", is "engaged" and is "in position". Happy news? But I looked it up and according to Dr. Spock, "Also called lightening, engagement may occur for first-time moms days or even weeks before you actually give birth". (italics my own) Nothing icky has happened yet and I've felt no discomfort. Other than the finger! Wah!

5 comments:

jenna! said...

I don't know about "dropped" but "engaged" and "in position" sounds great to me. Then again, I'm not pregnant.

Danikens29 said...

Hi Brigitta, I have been wondering! Sounds good, I will be thinking of you! Can't wait to hear the news!
XXXDanielle

Lea said...

You are not THAT much of a wuss! You can handle it without the epidural, I know you can!

Megan Fries-Kmiotek said...

Hey!

Megan Fries-Kmiotek said...

Greatidea about starting this blog. I have debated calling, but didn't want to bother you too much!
I am very excited,and I am sure that things will happen soon. I have heard that eating eggplant helps spur some hormonal actions that speed up the process!