Thursday, August 16, 2007

Whee!

Wow, such fun. I finally made a decision as to which bike seat I wanted, and bought and installed the ibert. I put it on Ryan's bike since he has a better shock seat and more stable mountain bike style tires than mine.

Today Lauren & I went for an hour-long bike ride on the bike path-an entrance to which is on my street, yay! And yet, I haven't been on the bike path in a few years. It runs along the Ballona Creek and it goes all the way from Culver City to the ocean. We didn't go all the way to the ocean today but we did go about 5 miles roundtrip. It felt great to get out in the fresh air and L. also loved it. She didn't like the helmet and kept trying to take it off but some adjustments later, she finally gave up. She loves to go fast and feel "whee". We passed by a playground, and she gestured and said "please, please" (which sounds like "pliss, pliss") so we stopped and she played for a little while. We'll probably go again tomorrow, or if not, then Friday for sure. Finally I found something fun to do that's free and close and good for me.

No comments: